University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Study Abroad Requirements:UNLvenice

The University of Nebraska – Lincoln (UNL) requires all students to have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and be in good academic standing with the university.  Students from the UNL College of Business (CoB) must have a 2.75 GPA.  CoB students with GPAs between 2.5-2.74 may also apply for consideration.

The Application Process:

  1. UNL students are encouraged to complete an advising application using the MyWorld system, which can be accessed directly from the UNL Education Abroad website, before making an appointment with an Education Abroad Coordinator.
  2. UNL students should meet with an Education Abroad Coordinator (Cait Naberhaus – see below) before applying to CIMBA.
  3. Students should apply directly to CIMBA here. This application involves a form, short essay, and resume. Students should also have a copy of their official transcript sent to the University of Iowa Office of Admissions at
  4. Students must also apply to CIMBA via MyWorld, which students can access from the Education Abroad website using their Canvas log-in credentials. Search CIMBA under the program search button and select the “apply now” button.
  5. All UNL Students are required to attend Pre-Departure Orientation with the Education Abroad Office.

Visa Information:

Due to the program length, US and EU citizens are not required to obtain a visa to study abroad with CIMBA.  UNL international students with other citizenship will need to obtain an Italian study visa for any CIMBA programs.

Course Equivalencies & Transcripts:

A list of CIMBA coursework equivalencies for UNL students can be found here.

Transcripts will be available for request online at the conclusion of the program. All credit is counted as transfer credit and is not calculated into the student’s overall GPA.  However, grades from CIMBA will be visible on the student’s transcript and degree audit.

For questions regarding transcripts, please contact Cait Naberhaus in the Education Abroad Office or Amy Lester with International Business (see below).

Payment Information:

UNL students pay the initial deposit and payment to CIMBA per the standard payment process. The remainder of the program cost will be applied to the student’s MyRed bill in the term they study abroad (May, August, or January). The student will pay the remainder of the program cost and the UNL Education Abroad Fee through MyRed.

Financial Aid & Scholarships:

Most financial awards will also be applicable to CIMBA program costs. However, there are exceptions, and therefore students must meet with a financial aid specialist; the student should inform the specialist that they plan to attend CIMBA, and allow them to reassess the student’s financial aid package.

For questions about study abroad financial aid, UNL students should contact:

Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
17 Canfield Administration Building

Students are encouraged to search for and apply to all scholarships for which they are eligible using “MyWorld.”  For further details, click here.

UNL Contact Information:

Angela Luedke
Business and Education Abroad Advisor

UNL Education Abroad
127 Love Library South

Follow UNL on Social Media:

Facebook Twitter Pinterest  Instagram