Financial Aid and Scholarships

If you currently receive any form of financial aid or scholarships, you must notify your financial aid office that you plan to study abroad. If your financial aid package has already been awarded for the academic year, it may need to be reassessed. In some cases, the financial aid amounts are actually increased.

If you plan to attend the summer semester, your financial aid office will be able to verify if you have federal financial aid resources available to you that have not already been exhausted during the academic year.

Federal Financial Aid

Students are eligible to use their federal financial aid to pay for the CIMBA program. Federal law allows government money such as grants and loans to be used for study abroad purposes.

First, you must apply for financial aid through your home institution. Students should check with their university to determine the procedure for applying for aid for study abroad programs.

Students must notify CIMBA if they wish to delay payments until financial aid is received. Please contact for further information.

Home University Scholarships

Many students are able to use existing scholarships from their home university for study abroad programs. You should check with your home university’s financial aid office and/or scholarship provider to determine what may apply.

Additionally, most universities offer specific study abroad scholarships and grants that can be applied toward CIMBA. We encourage you to check with your study abroad office, as well as your specific college or department, to find out if study abroad scholarships are available.

Some of CIMBA’s partner schools have made this information available on the CIMBA and Your University page.

Additional Resources

CIMBA Financial Awards FastWeb
Rotary Club Phi Kappa Phi