Undergraduate admission requirements
- 18 years or older
- Sophomore status and/or required prerequisites
- Approval from home university to study abroad, including good academic and disciplinary standing
- 2.5 GPA or higher, depending on home university requirements; (2.5 – 2.75 GPA requires additional steps*)
- Able to take a normal course load (semester: at least 12 credit hours, summer: 6 credit hours)
- Valid passport or ability to obtain one
- Ability to obtain an Italian visa if necessary (applies only to non-US and non-EU citizens)
*If your GPA is below 2.75, you will also be asked to respond to a short answer question explaining what contributed to the low grades, what your plan is for future success, and how the CIMBA program fits into this plan. The purpose is for us to better understand your background and see a sample of your writing. We will prompt you for this piece of writing after we receive your transcript or, if you are an Iowa student, after you’ve submitted your application.
Visit the CIMBA and Your University page to identify special criteria that your home university may also require.