Earn a Globally Recognized Certificate in Problem Solving and Decision Making
The Kepner-Tregoe (KT) CIMBA Learning Alliance was born out of CIMBA’s recognition that KT was not only one of the originators of managerial thinking process tools, but it is also one of the best at articulating and applying to solve problems. Therefore, students participating in the semester study abroad, MBA, and Executive programs have an opportunity to earn a KT problem solving and decision making (PSDM) certification during their time at CIMBA. Also, the KT PSDM tools are integrated into many of CIMBA’s classes, activities, and projects.
The KT process for problem solving and decision making is used and taught in major organizations worldwide. It is a conscious, step-by-step approach for successfully solving problems, making good decisions, and analyzing potential risks and opportunities. The innovative methodologies help you maximize your critical thinking skills, systematically organize and prioritize information, set objectives, evaluate alternatives, and analyze impact. KT provides you with a common language and process that allows people with diverse content knowledge and skills to successfully resolve issues.
What you will learn
By learning the methodology, you will develop specific questioning techniques that will improve your ability to:
- Deal rationally and constructively with emergency situations
- Use a common language to improve communication
- Learn how to formulate questions in order to obtain relevant answers
- Break down large concerns into manageable pieces and prioritize them
- Find the true cause of a problem before investing in expensive corrections
- Learn a problem-solving process you can use under extreme time pressure
- Learn to manage risk
- Develop preventive actions to protect your plans
- Justify your recommendations to higher levels of management with structured thinking and documentation
How you will learn
The PSDM workshop is configured into a proven, systematic learning design. The process consists of the following:
- Exercises structured to help you discover your current skills and tendencies
- Concept discussions and full group briefings
- Practice exercises with feedback
- Opportunities to apply rational process concepts to your priority issues
You will learn the rational process concepts in full group, then practice and apply them individually or in small groups. This will enable you to test your understanding of the concepts and benefit from a variety of perspectives.