Complete a Core Engineering Course Abroad
Engineering students often find it challenging to study abroad and complete classes toward their rigorous degree. At CIMBA you can complete Engineering Fundamentals I: Statics, a core engineering course, or Fundamentals III: Thermodynamics. Both are accredited by the University of Iowa and can be applied toward your degree. These courses utilize the engineering of Northern Italy, Venice, and Europe as inspiration for the content.
During the four week program, engineering students will complete two courses, totaling six credit hours. Typically, this includes:
- Engineering Fundamentals I: Statics or Engineering Fundamentals III: Thermodynamics
- General education requirement (pick one from the available courses)
- Italy Live
- Classical Mythology
- Concepts and Context of Western Music
- Intercultural Communication
- Social Sciences
- Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Marketing Strategy
- Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets
- Global Economics and Business
- See additional course offerings here
For most engineers, Engineering Fundamentals I: Statics is completed after their freshman year. Occasionally, students are able to take the course later in their academic plan.
To learn more about one of the Engineering instructors for CIMBA, check out this article about H.S. Udaykumar.
We understand it’s important for you to make an informed decision about where you study overseas and what program you select. So, at any stage of your admissions process we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our U.S. office at +1-319-335-0920. Our admissions staff members and alumni office workers in the U.S. are available Monday through Friday to answer questions about applying to study abroad. We can walk you through course offerings, tuition, room and board, financial aid, scholarships and more.