5 Things I wish I Knew Before I Packed/While Getting Ready
Written by Sam June 22, 2017
After a few weeks of studying abroad with CIMBA, I have some advice for future student on what to pack and be prepared for.
- Everyone wears running shorts and large t-shirts to class. I made the mistake of not bringing enough of either. Honestly, once you think you’ve packed, take out 3-5 outfits – you just won’t need or wear them.
- Whatever size bag you bring for weekend traveling, you will fill it completely. You will find things you “need” so if you want to travel lighter on the weekend bring a smaller bag. The bag I used for all my weekend trips is the same one I am using to travel for a week and a half after the program, and it was just as full each time I packed it.
- Wifi is beyond spotty in this country. Definitely look into getting a hotspot as it is a life saver while traveling.
- Look into an Italian sim card for your phone. Depending on how long you are here it is a lot cheaper than any plan your carrier may offer.
- Train headrests are brutal to sleep on. A nillow (neck pillow) is very useful for more comfortable sleeping on the train. Definitely worth the space. It seems odd, but it is definitely in my top 5 important things.