Learn More about Launching or Expanding Your Business
New product and service ideas are critical to the future growth of your business. This two-day course will teach you the skills needed to identify innovative products and services, apply viability-screening criteria, and to build a business model incorporating appropriate new venture marketing, organizational and financial strategy. You will take away critical techniques to develop your ideas and create business plans that will help your organization succeed in existing and new markets into the future.
By focusing on a case study, you will learn the basic skills required to prepare a simple business plan in the form of an expansion proposal. In this course, you will:
- Learn how to prepare a presentation to secure funding for a project
- Develop an understanding of the components of such a presentation
- Understand the distinction between the needs of an internal management team versus an external funding source
To achieve these objectives, the course will combine lecture with hands on exercises. Students will work in teams to achieve the following:
- Conduct ideation on the potential new venture options available.
- Design and apply selection criteria resulting in a single new venture idea.
- Perform a market analysis resulting in the identification of one or more specific market segments.
- Develop a financial forecast and funding request.
- Combine the above achievements with additional detail specified to create a “pitch” in support of the new venture idea.